Experiencing Life Issues?
You Can Get Help at
Christ Community Church
The Certainty of God’s Promises
When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.
Hebrews 6:13-18 (NIV)
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
2 Peter 1:3-4 (NIV)
Help from the Bible, God's Word
- Doubt - Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” John 20:27
- Anger - My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20
- Loneliness - God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. Psalm 68:6
Christ Community Church is a caring family where you don't have to be alone.
- Drinking & Drugging - So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 1 Peter 4:3
- Divorce - “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,” says the Lord Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful. Malachi 2:16
- Family Conflict - Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:17-18
- Raising Children - Jesus said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:14-16
- Finances - No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:10
- Relationship Problems - In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus...(who) made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant... (and) humbled himself. Philippians 2:5-8
- Unemployment - For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
- Health Issues - Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2
- Aging Parents - A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth. It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart. Ecclesiastes 7:1-2
- Death & Grief - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26; Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 1 Thessalonians 4:13; For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39;
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4
- Dishonesty (Lying) - Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Colossians 3:9-10
- Bad Choices - Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment. James 2:12
- Shame - Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15; Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ will never be put to shame. Romans 10:11-13
- Hopelessness - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2
- Worry - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- God offers comfort and healing in our pain (see Psalm 34:18; 147:3–5; 1 Peter 5:9–10).
- This world is not all there is. God’s plan is at work, and eternity awaits (see Isaiah 65:8–9; Romans 8:28).
- Earthly suffering is temporary; God’s love and life last forever (see 2 Corinthians 4:16–18; Revelation 20:4).
- God can use suffering to develop our patience and character (see Romans 5:3–4; James 1:3–4).
- God can teach us valuable lessons through suffering (see 2 Corinthians 12:9–10; 2 Timothy 2:3; 1 Peter 2:19; 4:13, 19).
- God wants us to help others who are suffering by demonstrating compassion and care in his name (see Matthew 10:42; 25:34–36).
- God expects us to share his good news with the world, that eternal life is available through his Son (see Matthew 28:19–20; Acts 8:4).
We're here to help you with the same help we have found.
Our help is through Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Help is available because
God still loves you no matter how messed up your life is now.
Come to Christ Community Church. You will be welcome here. We are
A Hospital for the Broken, Meeting People at the Point of Their Need.
Come. Let us offer you the same help and love we have found.
Together we can find some answers, with God's help.
"I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see."